Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Mouse's Tail

Once upon a time, there was a brave, little mouse who loved honor and justice and always told the truth...

The other day, everything was working out well for Alexa. Not so well for me. We had been looking for shoes (for me) all day at all these different stores. None to be found. Alexa, however, on the way back from shopping found a penny lying on the ground, face up, just waiting to be picked up for luck. Well, Alexa got that luck. She found 10 pounds just lying on the ground, on our street, rolled up, just waiting for someone to pick it up. She was very lucky, especially when she had just spent all of her money on pink stuff earlier that day.



That night, just as we were going to go up to bed, Mom decided to run the dishwasher and asked me to get a Tab thingy (dishwasher detergent in a rectangle) out from the cupboard under the sink where all the cleaners and chemicals were. So I opened it up and pop! A mouse's head come out from the box where the Tablets were and I slammed the cupboard door shut as it scurried away. I ran to the hall and jumped on a pile of dirty clothes (We were also doing laundry). Mom was kind of freaking out asking in a shaky voice, "Was it small? Brown? Uhhhh... What do we do now? Go call Dad and ask him what we should do." So I ran over to the computer and started calling Dad on skype. He wasn't there. But while the computer rang, I kept thinking about the mouse and how it scurried off and how it looked like it was just as scared as we were. We found out that there had been a big bag of bird feed that the mice had been taking and eating. So we cleaned out the cupboard and concluded that the mice had been contained in that one cupboard and they had just been getting bird feed, nothing else. That seemed to make us all relax. So after that we all went to bed.

Oh yeah, and apparently Mom also stepped on a snail. So overall it was a good day. Alexa found 10 quid, I scared a mouse, and Mom stepped on a snail. Yup! Sounds good to me! ;)

I could say they lived happily ever after, but what's the fun in that?

p.s. The sentences in italics are from a movie.

3 comments: