Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Interview

I had citizenship homework last night. Your probably thinking, “What is citizenship?” or you may already know what it is… but I’m going to tell you anyways.  Its a class where we learn about laws and diseases and other stuff… I think. You’d think the citizenship teacher would be really nice and you know, citizenshiply, well she's not.  She yells at us EVERY class!  But that's besides the point.  Last night for the homework I had to interview three family members on Young Adults and Alcohol.  Naturally, I chose my mom, my dad, and my sister.  I got all of their answers and Alexa’s was the funniest!!!  Especially as she said these through the most serious, straight face I’d seen her have. 

1.At present the law says you must be 18 to go into a pub and buy alcohol. Why do you think this law was passed?

-Because you have to be older than 16 to do it, but not 17 because you have to be 18.

2. Do you think it would be a good idea to lower this age limit to 16? Give reasons.

-No, because 16 is a lower age because if your 14 you only have 2 years left.  It would be a bad idea because they could drink the alcohol or pour it into a pond and make the fish die.

3. How easy is it for young people under 18 in your area to obtain alcohol?

-It stinks.

4.What kinds of problems can under-age drinking cause?

-Them to get drunk and start dancing like a 6 year old.

5. In what ways could these problems be reduced?

-Put the age up to 349.

I tried so hard to contain my laughs, I couldn’t take it anymore at number 3 and started cracking up laughing.   I am also surprised I didn’t get an “I don’t know” for any of them! I love her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment